In March Innovate Now held a media briefing for the launch of the digital assistive technology and entrepreneurship project, as we opened applications for cohort 5.0.
Launching the call
During the event, held at the Norway Embassy in Kenya, we announced that applications were now open for cohort 5.0 – with a focus on African based digital assistive tech solutions, or those that leverage digital platforms.
Hosting the event were Innovate Now director Bernard Chiira, Norway Ambassador to Kenya and representatives of the Kilimanjaro Blind Trust.
Attending the event were representation from local and international media houses including Citizen TV Kenya, K24, DW TV and KBC. Regional coverage from the launch can be found here:
More about cohort 5.0
Who should apply
We are seeking tech solutions that increase access to education, healthcare and livelihoods. Ventures must be past proof-of-concept, with minimum viable product and some initial users.
What will ventures got get?
Successful ventures joining the Innovate Now programme will receive access to;
- Kenya-based and global mentors and subject matter experts in assistive technology and entrepreneurship.
- Growing network of Live Labs-A unique concept that allows you to test, get feedback and validate directly with persons with disabilities across East Africa.
- Investor network and investor readiness programs and our funding ecosystem e.g. AT Impact Fund, innovation advisory and investment and Norwegian community of practice.
- Technical Assistance: tangible, direct support relating to what’s needed for your startup to succeed: legal, marketing, fundraising, experimental design, pitching and investor readiness.
- Global inclusive innovation ecosystem and partner network across organisations of persons with disabilities, universities, funders, Assistive Technology experts, disability experts, inclusive design experts, corporations and NGOs