Cohort 7 is particularly interested in assistive technology solutions targeting children and the elderly. Innovators with solutions targeting other persons are welcome and highly encouraged to apply. Find out more with the full T & C’s.
Applications closing date: 5 Jan 2023
Who are we looking for?
- Innovation-driven startups who are improving access to assistive technology through digital means or offering digital assistive technology solutions across education, healthcare, livelihoods and other sectors.
- Innovative, execution focused-agile problem solvers
- Authentic mission-driven founder(s)
- Teams with a culture of empathy, continuous learning and problem solving
- Structured and efficient teams (defined ownership, commitment, roles and accountability) and organisation (systems, processes and resources)
What will you get?
- Access to Kenya-based and global mentors and subject matter experts in assistive technology and entrepreneurship.
- Access to our growing network of Live Labs-A unique concept that allows you to test, get feedback and validate directly with persons with disabilities across East Africa.
- Access to our investor network and investor readiness programs and our funding ecosystem e.g. AT Impact Fund, innovation advisory and investment and Norwegian community of practice.
- Technical Assistance: tangible, direct support relating to what’s needed for your startup to succeed: legal, marketing, fundraising, experimental design, pitching and investor readiness.
- Access to our global inclusive innovation ecosystem and partner network across organisations of persons with disabilities, universities, funders, Assistive Technology experts, disability experts, inclusive design experts, corporations and NGOs.